Many private schools prep for college. Why stop there? Alabama Christian Academy also prepares students for a successful, faithful life. ACA is committed to offering a challenging educational experience to our students, while keeping in mind their individual needs. ACA offers several AP and honors classes for advanced secondary students, as well as dual-enrollment classes through Faulkner University, another Church of Christ school.
Unlike most private high schools, Alabama Christian Academy goes even further than providing top-tier academics. We also strive to produce students who will thrive as productive Christian citizens – as men and women who can lead and serve in their communities. Students at ACA are challenged academically through classes that include a daily Bible course, but they’re also challenged to serve others through various service projects and community outreach programs.
- Social Studies
To access a 2016-2017 class scheduling packet for 9th-12th grades, please click HERE.
The ACA High School Guidance Department offers several different services for both parents and students. Our high school counselor provides academic as well as assistance with personal issues. Our senior advisor helps guide seniors through their final year of high school as they make crucial decisions for the future. Some of the services and programs our office provides include:
- Scholarship Opportunities
- Course Selection and Scheduling
- College Admissions and Scholarship Applications
- ACT and SAT Information and Assistance
- Job Shadowing (for Seniors)
- Boys’ and Girls’ State selections
- Hugh O’Brien Leadership Conference selections
- PLAN and PSAT testing administration
- Stanford Achievement Test administration (grades 6-8)
- Letters of Recommendation for College Admission, Scholarships, and Special Programs
- Confidential Personal Counseling
- Scheduling of College Representatives on Campus
- Career Options and Planning
- Time Management and Study Skills Information
- Student/Teacher Relationships and Conflict Resolution
- Summer School Opportunities
Fall 2015 Test Dates:
- PSAT (Juniors) - Wednesday, October 14th
- ASPIRE (9th and 10th Grades) - Wednesday and Thursday, October 28th and 29th
ACT Prep Dates:
- Class is $60 and meets from 8am - 1 pm in Mrs. Evans' room 145
- October 17
- December 5
- January 30
- April 2
For more information on the services and programs ACA provides, please contact Lara Lauterbach (High School Counselor) at email@example.com or Tammy Evans (Senior Advisor) at firstname.lastname@example.org.